Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

Downtown Pocatello
It was odd how the timing ended up but a little over a week since we got back from our trip to Salem my husband and I are off again.  This time we take to the air and fly from northern Maine into the heart of Utah where a quick drive brings us back to Idaho.  For the first time since moving out east we are going back to visit Pocatello.

Except for a few years in college and a recent move two years ago to Maine, the small city of Pocatello Idaho has been my home.  The hospital where I was born, the house that I grew up in, my parent's small business where I toiled for most of my youth and even my favorite date spot where my husband and I used to go when we first started dating is all within a ten block area.

Our visit will only be a week long.  Enough time to visit our old haunts, see some friends, spend time with all of our family that live nearby, and go through the things that we've been storing out west since our hasty move out east.  I try not to get superficial about my belongings that had to stay.  It is just 'stuff', right?  Still I can't wait to see some of the treasures filled with memories that have spent the last two years sealed in bubble wrap.  Unfortunately they will then be packed up again although the pile will be much smaller.

The main thing that I'm looking forward to is Mexican food!  My friends and family know how much we've missed having dozens of authentic Mexican restaurants in town.  Maine is known for their lobster, not their Mexican food.  There is a very good reason for this.

Then it will be back to Maine and back to normal or at least as normal as my life gets!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your vacation in Idaho! Sounds like you and Kris will have lots of fun. (Your plane from Detroit to Salt Lake City must have gone over Nebraska instead of North Dakota because I didn't see you wave yesterday;)

    ReplyDelete