Thursday, May 9, 2013

Perfection

I'm not a pintrest person.  I've seen a lot of it pop up on my facebook page but being a crafty person all my life I've learned my limits the hard way.  I can look at some of those fancy do it yourself ideas and say, "Nope, can't do that." and move on with doing the things I can accomplish, like writing.

Recently I heard that many moms look at pintrest and believe that if they can't make those things, or don't have the time, then they are falling short.  It is another one of those keeping up with the Jones' I guess.  And with the modern day interenet the Jones are no longer your next door neighbors they are everyone who pops up on your homepage.

It's the same with weight-loss.  I've seen friends go on unhealthy crash diets after finding out that their 'fat' friend from school suddenly got thin.  Or someone's post gets more likes, comments, shares and others try to make up clever ways to get attention.

Yikes.  Let me just say that perfect is over-rated.  If you have someone or something making you feel like being yourself just isn't cutting it, then take a step back and remember who you are and what you CAN do.

I am a woman who can't bake, cook, clean, decorate or organize.  But I am a woman who knows how to pick a husband that can.  And really, THAT'S what is important!

No comments:

Post a Comment