Saturday, October 8, 2011

Candle of the Week-Cider

Smell it!
Fall is not complete without the wonderful scent of apple cider filling my house.  I love making the bevearge (even if it is with store bought cider and a few spices) by throwing all of it into a crockpot for the day on warm and letting the scent and flavor fill my house.  But when I don't have the ingredients, or the desire for a quart of cider to drink, I turn to my cider candle instead.  Spicy with the right amount of sweet apple and crisp fall leaves.  When fall leaves are starting to touch the road and fall in heaps around the yard this is my go to candle!
Get it!
Cider is a seasonal candle through WoodWick that regularly goes on clearance at their online store in spring, which is the best time to buy and then you can store it away for the next season.  Just be careful that you don't miss the sale because they go quickly!
Why I love Woodwicks
If you've owned one, then you understand.  At first I said that I'd never pay so much for a candle.  I had no idea how wonderful a well designed candle could be.  I often get over 120 hours of burn time out of the large ones.  The wicks are much easier to keep trimmed than I would have imagined.  More important than all of that, the scents fill large rooms and can truly create an atmosphere with their flickering light and the wonderful crackle of burning wood.  This is the prefect kind of candle for cold nights while reading a book.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't sure what I would think of this candle, but I ended up liking it quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete