Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Movie Review-Bell Book and Candle

Bell Book and Candle

This was my first Kim Novak movie and it will not be my last! It is an old classic from 1958 that I stumbled across today. There is a magical cat, love story, bongo drumbs, and Jack Lemmon; not sure what else I could have asked for. The cast also includes the talented James Stewart and whimsical Elsa Lancaster. It was a very funny show and a bit sexier than I would have expected.

4/5

A trailer for it can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this film! I think James Stewart was a little old to have been cast as the lead, but I love Kim Novak in it. And I love Jack Lemmon in all his movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome D.L.! I felt the same way when I first saw the preview and noticed how gray James Stewart had gotten. By the end, I no longer cared because it was so much fun and he was still so energetic.

    I noticed on your user profile that your romance addiction started with Kleypas' Mine Till Midnight, that's hilarious as I went back to the genre only after reading her novel, Scandal in Spring!

    ReplyDelete